Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ghanaian Obama look-alike

Only a year ago, Felix Afriyie was an ordinary school boy, if anything, a little on the shy side. But the moment Barack Obama came into the limelight as candidate for the American presidential elections, Felix's life started to change. "Even in school, my mates, my teachers, my seniors and even my juniors call me Obama in school." Felix said.
It's not only his face or his smile that make him look so alike Obama, but also his demeanour.His sudden increased popularity has made him come out of his timid shell."It has inspired him." Felix's father Agyabe said, "At first he doesn't want to talk to people, he couldn't talk to too many people. Now he's trying to talk to people."When he heard of Obama's visit to Ghana, Agyaba, a gold jeweller from Ghana's second city of Kumasi, promised his son he would do everything in his power to try to arrange for Felix to meet the US President.The family travelled the 200 Km from Kumasi to Accra on Wednesday (July 8), in the hope of achieving that dream. "My son to meet Obama face to face, I would be proud of it. And I know it will click Mr Obama's mind to come to Ghana again, next time," Afriyie said.Felix, who hopes to become a pastor when he grows up, says he is inspired by Obama's "can do" attitude."Oh, the thing he says most: "Yes, we can," that's the thing he says most that brings interest in my life. "Yes, we can," Felix said, with a smile on his face.While Afriyie says there is plenty of time for his son to follow in Obama's footsteps.
Source:timesnow.tv

No comments: